Considering Greek yogurt is my favorite, I have been wanting to make this recipe for a while. It is an ideal light and healthy cake to make for a summer treat, and it’s becoming my go-to cake for company. It’s a very quick and easy cake to make since it doesn’t require a mixer or more than 10 minutes for that matter.
I served it last week with orange rind, but I have made it in the past topped with fresh fruits such as berries. It will serve at least 8, with leftovers for breakfast! Not too sweet or intense but still a compelling cake.
- 1 cup 2% greek strained yogurt (fage or olympus brands)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- powder sugar to liking
- Mix flour with baking powder.
- Mix in all other ingredients.
- Grease a round pan 9 inch width.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Take out cake and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powder sugar and serve with a smile.
Tip: Poke a toothpick into cake to see if cake is thoroughly cooked. If toothpick comes out with cake mixture cook for a few more minutes.
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-40 Minutes